Hello!

swampgator352

New elf
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and new to Christmas light displays. I've been hoping to set up a show for the last years, but always found myself getting started too late. Hoping that 2021 will finally be the year!

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome to ACL @swampgator352 !

I've been hoping to set up a show for the last years, but always found myself getting started too late. Hoping that 2021 will finally be the year!
Hopefully 2021 will be the year!
I already thankyou for realising this is a huge hobby, this place gets flooded by new people thinking they can piece something together in a week.

Like any good hobby, it takes time, patience and a whole load of money!
Ask any questions you have, this place is full of people that have knowledge. They once were a newbie so they know what it's like to feel over whelmed.

TerryK

Retired Elf
Hi, welcome to ACL. That pretty well describes me; tried to get something out for Christmas 2020 and ran out of time. My excuse is I decided to have a barn built that year; too many irons in the fire to stay on schedule.

Anyway, as Mark and Dan mentioned, ask questions, there is the Chat Room and the other sections, forums and such can be searched. Cheers.

jollyzee

New elf
I did my first show last year and started planning in march, bought pixels, controller and wire (oh my - :D ), got sidetracked with summer. Managed to build 6 candy canes, 4 minitrees, 4 window outlines and hang icicle lights - well, ran out of time for the rest of the props. Don't fool yourself about prop building - they do take more time then you think.
Welcome to the hobby