Hello

Alan

New elf
Hi All,

I came across your site to day & browsed through various forum posts and thought it was wonderful how kind people were to share their thoughts, ideas & solutions. It seems like a very friendly place.

I'm very new to lighting, I'm more of an ideas person than a hands on maker of things, although I have dabbled with some arduino & dmx projects.

My reason for joining is to ask for some assistance on the best way to go about a wireless DMX project I have in mind.

I live on the Gold Coast and I have access to a great group of techies at https://gctechspace.org.

I wasn't sure where the best place to post my project specs & the right way to go about asking for some advice. I am more than happy to pay someone to help me with putting together a bill of materials, so I can then go to techspace & get some help in putting it all together.

Thanks for your time,

Kind regards,

Alan

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Firstly welcome to ACL Alan,
Why the need for wireless DMX?
there are dmx dongles on ebay, but i wont say there cheap.
let us know what you want to do, an how you want to do it..
then we can suggest many different ways of doing it..

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator

drakky

Senior elf
Hi Alan ,welcome
I'm interested in that too purely because where I'd like to put some lights I can't run cables

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Alan as alec said rather than leaping to the conclusion you want or need wireless dmx I would describe what you are trying to achieve and what, if any, hardware you already have. Wireless pixel control of several hundred pixels is easily and cheaply achieved.

marmalade

cats & pixels
of course I have to chip in and mention that (with a bit of hacking and a cheap 485 board) you can have wifi dmx out of an espixelstick!

(edit) you can all tell me to shuddap about espixelsticks if you want :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL
If you are planning to use wireless DMX then you need to consider the environment you are going to be using it in. If there will be large crowds then I wouldn't be using the 2.4ghz bandwidth as that is fairly saturated and may have some performance issues with large crowds