Help have a Pixie16 What NOW

NTJP

New elf
Background - This is my 2nd year, have Showtime Central with 2 CTB16PC. 1st to use pixels. - In the spring I did a lot of research and asked questions about building a Mega Tree, the controller and setup. After all of that, bought the Pixie16 with 16 50 node strings in the Spring sale. Bought 4 more strings to make 20. Spent the summer building the tree. Got sick a couple of times in the hospital and fell behind on build. Anyway got it done and from all the reading in the spring, had chosen to use XLights to program, Spent 6 months programming sequences. Also on reading and advise used the Raspberry Pi with FPP. Well.... after weeks of trying to make this work I am now learning Pixie16 will not work with FPP as it is not DMX and also now reading you cannot fold them, so cannot have 2 together making 100 acting as 2 50 node strings. Therefore 10 dangles control 20 strings. Well to the point.... And at no time did anyone say it would not work. PANIC also a sick feeling in the pit of the stomach. My best guess is to convert the the XLights back into LOR and use LOR controllers. OR should I buy a new controller such as the F16v3 pixel controller????. My current controllers. 2 - CTB16PC's, 1 - CMB-24D, and 1 - Pixie16. Can leave out the CMB24 if make it easier. Most important is to make the Pixie16 work. PLEASE HELP..... Almost bought the F16v3 instead of the Pixie16. WOW MY MISTAKE

scamper

Dedicated elf
Sorry don't even know what a pixie16 is, that being said, if you have got everything else and already sequenced and the only thing stopping you is the controller, then I would look at getting a falcon controller to use.
In the US i have seen many people sell them second hand even if you got an older f16v2 or maybe even a f4 which will still run 4000+ pixels.
here is a cross reference list of pixel controllers I poured over before deciding which one to buy.
http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/rgb_controllers/#

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I am sorry to say the pixie is a truly awful controller and you will continue to have issues running it from xlights.

You still have time to switch controllers and you can use your existing lights.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I have a Pixlite16 or two collecting dust. Great controllers but nobody seems to want to buy them with all the features of the Falcons... You can run your other LOR stuff on the DMX outputs of it. Cover shipping and its yours.

jerryb

New elf
I have a Pixlite16 or two collecting dust. Great controllers but nobody seems to want to buy them with all the features of the Falcons... You can run your other LOR stuff on the DMX outputs of it. Cover shipping and its yours.

Hey uncledan if no one take you up on the pixie16 I'd love to have it. I got a friend in another who can't get hers to work and having one would allow me to set it up and then instruct her.
Please let me know. Thanks, Jerry