Help with LSP output using LOR USB485B

kmccamman

New elf
I have been wanting to migrate to LSP for some time now so I can incorporate RGB pixekls in my holiday displays. So far I have played around with the demo versions of LSP and have been using LOR S3 Basic Plus for a couple of years. My issues ore these:

1. When I try to create a simple animation sequence for the pixels there is no DMX signal to the pixel controller most of the time. Sometimes it works though. I have no idea why, and if it's working and I change something in the sequence while leaving the hardware settings alone it quits working, or becomes intermittent. I have tried changing the starting channel from 1 to 128 on both the hardware and software with the same results. When the pixels are responding in any case the green DMX light flashes on the controller, which is set to Mode 1. If there is no response from the pixels, the green LED is dark.

2. When I have the controller and software configured, testing the output of the system by right clicking the controller and testing controller hardware everything functions perfectly so i know the configuration is at least working.

Here is what I am working with:

RS485B LOR Dongle (USB485B)
Seasonal Entertainment LOR to DMX cable
Seasonal Entertainment Rainbow Pixels Controller (assembled)
Seasonal Entertainment Power and DMX Blender (assembled)
Seasonal Entertainment Rainbow Mini Pixels (42 count), WS2801 Protocol

It is important to note that I have had similar issues using Holidaycoro's RGB Flood (with the dumb RGB controller) and a Holidaycoro RGB Rectangle Luminary Box (with the same dumb RGB controller).

This has really been frustrating me. I purchased this hardware and got the demo version of LSP to play around with because I really want to incorporate RGB pixels, dumb RGB elements, etc. in to my display but I can't seem to get LSP to give a good consistent output DMX signal from even a simple animation sequence. I have tried creating media sequences the same poor results.

If I missed any important details please t me know and I will post them. Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

Kelly

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Try to do a sequence optimization in the sequencer and also make sure you have an initial timing mark at the beginning of the sequence before adding any effects. Try that and see how you go