Answered help with matrix please

David_K

Full time elf
hi everyone,
Again this year we're having issues with our matrix

the strip lights are from ray wu are ws2811
matrix size is 15 vertical colums and 10 rows across
150 pixels 450 channels

We have been doing this for quite a few years now and have never had a problem like this. even with LSP the matrix always worked fine. The controllers are both new as well.

we have eliminated any earth problems, wiring problems, connections.

we have checked out the zig zag and not uturned on in Advatek but cannot find anything in xlights??

the test pattern within Advatec works fine.
we have tried everything that we can think of and we still can get the matrix to output right
We have the same lights for our 3 meter tree, 5 mini trees and roof and they all work fine
As you can see in the attached picture of the lights are nuts! to say the least, Its supposed to be saying "Test"!!
Can anyone help?
thanks
Julie & Daveadv.jpg ip.jpg xl1.jpg xl2.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 12
Not sure if it will help your situation, but we had garbled output on our matrix... deleted the matrix and started again, worked fine. Cant explain what may have gone wrong.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The pixels per output set to 1 on the Advatek assistant looks odd but I know nothing about using is so you may just ignore that.
Go into the xlights test mode, find your matrix model and turn on segments of it at a time. That should show up any configuration errors and it makes it easier to isolate where they're coming from. I also like to use da_e131 or da_tester to send data to controllers to confirm that they are responding on the right universes.

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Ahh,
thank you for the great advice much appreciated. well we did a chase test and three pixels at a times start traversing until they get to about the third string they suddenly jump ahead then start going backwards. Then they will jump several strings ahead and repeat the process. So we are guessing either Rays lights or something in the settings I guess. Thanks again for your help. Regards
Dave and Julie

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Ahh,
thank you for the great advice much appreciated. well we did a chase test and three pixels at a times start traversing until they get to about the third string they suddenly jump ahead then start going backwards. Then they will jump several strings ahead and repeat the process. So we are guessing either Rays lights or something in the settings I guess. Thanks again for your help. Regards
Dave and Julie
Ok we sorted that, it was a problem with a number accidently in the zig zag. chase test wirl=ks fine but the text is still scrambled in the matrix

David_K

Full time elf
I dont understand how the xlights software can sequence the mega tree correctly and the arches but the matrix is a scrambled mess.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I dont understand how the xlights software can sequence the mega tree correctly and the arches but the matrix is a scrambled mess.
The config is out somewhere which is why I said to go through the test and step through the channels. On the test section of xlights under the models section turn on node1, node15, node16, node30 etc. Doing that process rather than a chase lets you see exactly where the problem is.

David_K

Full time elf
The config is out somewhere which is why I said to go through the test and step through the channels. On the test section of xlights under the models section turn on node1, node15, node16, node30 etc. Doing that process rather than a chase lets you see exactly where the problem is.
Thanks for the advice AAH, appreciated, all tested ok. not sure where to go from here.

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
Just noticed you have your computer set to the same IP address as your Pixlite, both set to 192.168.0.60, change your computer one to 70 and try again.

Xlights might be getting confused as to where to send the data.

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Nuzzy, i tried your suggestion of the Ip address but no avail.
I have just tried the Morph instead of text and instead of starting at the bottom and morphing upward the matrix in rows 1, 3, 5, etc went up and rows 2, 4, 6, etc went down thus following thw actual arrows on the strands on the matrix
Any thoughts?

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
Put a value of 15 in the zig zag column in the advanced setup on the controller. Should fix that issue David.

Alternatively, If you want to do it in Xlights then change your nodes per string to 75, number of strings to 2 and strands per string to 5.

Or 30 nodes per string, 5 stings and 2 strands per sting might work better.

Last edited:

David_K

Full time elf
Tried all those suggestion thanks Nuzzy but still doing the same thing
We have tried several different combinations of numbers in both Advatek and xlights nothing works
very frustrating

David_K

Full time elf
This is the node layout if it helps

Attachments

• node layout.jpg
    node layout.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 28
This thread is marked as solved. An answer might not be needed anymore.