Help with my RGB LSP Project

greg58

Full time elf
Hi all, I have been busy since the Sydney Mini, I learnt a lot and was impressed at the effort others made so that we could all enjoy the weekend.
I changed from LOR to LSP and have purchased j1sys and RGB lights. The controllers should arrive soon and some of the RGB's have arrived. I have purchased a small quantity to make sure I have it right then I will be ordering the rest.
I have learnt hove to work with coro, how to cut and glue it, thanks to all the advice on this site from other users.

I have made an Excel spread sheet, which is a composite of others from this site and other xmas light user sites. If anyone is interested, I have zipped the excel spread sheet now, for those who would like to use it. You do need some experience in excel to understand some of the sheets if you want to modify for yourself. I would like to thank those for sharing their spread sheets. Lithgow Lights spead sheet and Visio drawing were extremely helpful, thanks guys.

I have attached 2 pdfs, one of my house layout and the other of the channel allocations etc. I would appreciate it if some of you gentlemen could have a look and pick any looming issues please. I know I have one issue, where I have chosen 5Vdc and 12 vdc on the same channel, I can fix this later.

Thanks to all in advance. I'm sure it won't be the last time I ask for help.
Greg

greg58

Full time elf
I have now added the excel file to the above post. I didn't realise that I could use zip files. should have read the whole lot I guess!

Greg

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
greg, did you make that spreadsheet? Very nice in what you have to offer there. I am currently working on a sheet for the forums for channel layouts Vs pixels left/inuse per copntroller using ## of universes.

I might PM you IRT using some of the information you have in your workbook.

greg58

Full time elf
Hey Matt, yes I did make the spread sheet. It's one of the things I have to offer the forum. I spent a bit of time gathering what others have done and tried to made a workbook that has all the things someone starting would find useful. I couldn't find a spread sheet that put all the required info on one page to assist with setting up LSP for the first time when using rgb It also a bit of a sense check on the planning side to make sure you have the right number of pixels for each channel, calculating the required power supplies etc. Down the track I had ideas of adding where power injection was required etc.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. And if I can help with your project, it wouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Greg.