Help with timing marks

cscool36

Full time elf
Hi all,
So I just starting my first real sequence and I used the mouse tap mode and tapped to the music with red timing marks. Programed most of my lights then done two macro and now it has put a lot of grey timing marks.
I am trying to do a chase on my arches but it is using the grey timing marks for this and not the red as selected. Is there any way for using my red timing marks.
Thanks
Colin

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
The grey timing marks are system generated ones from your macros.
If you have the timing highlights on (set to Red) then you should only be selecting the Red timing marks.
How are you trying to do your chases?
I find the best way to do them is the way Eddie does them in his video. (Shift and drag)

crysv2001

New elf
ԆцряєсϮ said:
I find the best way to do them is the way Eddie does them in his video. (Shift and drag)

W[/size][SIZE=78%]ould you please post the link to which video you are referring? I would like to understand more as well.[/SIZE]

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The timing marks are what has already been mentioned and they are automatically generated. I find the best way to sequence is to go over your sequence and start with the best based stuff first, once that is done then go back over the sequence and add the macro effects.

I also use different coloured timing marks for different things.

What I also do is I will hold the shift button down whilst selecting a cell and then this will allow you to select down to these grey system timing marks

as far as which video Ruprect is talking about then I cant remember

mmulvenna

Apprentice elf
crysv2001 said:
ԆцряєсϮ said:

W[SIZE=78%]ould you please post the link to which video you are referring? I would like to understand more as well.[/SIZE]

Check out the virtual classroom on the LSP site. There is a class on various copy paste methods.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Yeah sorry for that, it may not have been one of Eddies vids, it may have been Matts but it should be in one of the LSP site tutorial vids though