HELP!!

Orlando1220

New elf
I need some help I lm very new to the pixels lights so I ordered a power supply, power cord, pixel lights and an esp8266 literally thats it, I know how to connect the power supply. But what else do I need how do I connect the esp to my lights? Which type of connectors do I need?? How ddoes it connect? I need help fellas

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
In addition to reading the 101 manual, I would suggest going out to Youtube and doing a search for "esp", "pixels", "neopixels", "lights" and there should be a lot of videos that can help you with the basics. Dr.ZZZs has some nice starter stuff for using esp boards but he has focused on QuinLED line of Dig type boards but they use esp chips so the basics are the same.

The type of connectors you need depends on the pixels you bought and what they have attached to them.

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I would second the QuinLED DigUno or DigQuad instead of the esp8266 on its own. The Quin controllers have everything you need built in, where as the esp8266 you bought will probably just be the little board with 8 pins on a header which will require more to run than just what you have.