HELP!

remoteutah

Full time elf
Ok, not sure what happened, but follow along with me.

Started playing with new J1SYS ECG-P2 yesterday. I am using the TRIAL version of LSP 2.5. I know it has limitations but at one point it worked! I am using a single 5 meter rgb strip with 30 leds AND 30 ws2811 per meter so 150 pixels or 450 channels. I have attached photos of the j1sys string config & lsp controller configs.

I got a strip test out of the controller, then loaded up the trial version of LSP 2.5. I again have attached photos of the ECG-P2 config.

I did a controller test from within LSP and was able to test each "bank" of the entire strip. i dropped a few random pixels in and actually got it to playback the output to the strip. I thought cool, I will make a new test sequence. So i hit new anim seq... dropped in my controller, double-checked the config and dropped in 5 ramp up red channels (see photo). When I try to play the output... nothing! I can talk to each pixel of the srip from the controller test, but no output from the sequencer. I don't know what I did, but it worked at one point before I started a new seq.

What the heck did I do?

Attachments

• ecgp2_string.JPG
    ecgp2_string.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 12
  • lsp1.JPG
    lsp1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 11
  • lsp2.JPG
    lsp2.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 12
  • lsp3.JPG
    lsp3.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 13

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Discussed the issue in the chat room and the issue was that there was no timing mark at the beginning of the sequence before starting an effect. Adding a timing mark and deleting the effect before that first timing mark and then doing an optimization fixed the issue.

One thing LSP needs before adding an effect in the sequence is an initial timing mark, not sure why but i hope this can be fixed as it can cause confusion with some people when starting a sequence and has been in the bug register for some time.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Hmmm... that's probably why LSP never played the first couple of seconds of my sequence in 2011. That's a pretty bad design flaw to not have the start of sequence be the first mark.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I think this issue may be more related to creating a sequence with no initial timing marks, maybe not, but either way its been a long standing issue and one that should have some focus this year, ill be bringing this up at the next LSP QCC meeting which is being held this weekend.