Hey from brissy!

J

New elf
Hello everyone.

Not quite a new member. Been around for a while but always had a terrible house or rented. Finally have purchased my first house earlier this year and am getting keen to do some christmas lights.

Im in north brisbane and i am a qualified industrial maintenance/automation electrician. Have access to some good workshop tools (lathe tig/mig welding etc.. ) so if anyone needs some help with making stuff then i might be able to help out :)

Alot has changed since last time i was looking through these pages!!

Regards, jeremy

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Hey J.. Welcome back.. Im sure you will find heaps of things to make for yourself after trolling through this forum..Many many years of experience and ideas in one place.

Enjoy..

damo

New elf
Hi Jeremy,

I'm over at what I'll describe as South Western (ish) Brissy.
That's a very generous offer you made, which I'll print and file for a future date, in case the internet ever fails me.

I turned up here about two weeks ago. I've just spent my first weekend ever controlling lights.
I bought some more lights today. Just a couple of icicle extensions to complete an existing set.
I'm about to buy more lights on the internet.
I'm not sure what will happen tomorrow. I'm gonna try and not buy any more lights ... at least for a couple of days.

Just a warning ...

Regards,
Damo

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

back to ACL Jeremy

If you haven't found it yet, the new revised 2nd addition AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Welcome back J. Good to hear you have never lost the love for lights

damo said:
I bought some more lights today. Just a couple of icicle extensions to complete an existing set.
I'm about to buy more lights on the internet.
I'm not sure what will happen tomorrow. I'm gonna try and not buy any more lights ... at least for a couple of days.

Just a warning ...

That made me laugh Damo. I'm so glad I don't live in a town with a Bunnings, Big W, Masters, kmart etc etc. I could only stay strong for so long before I weakened to temptation.

J

New elf
thanks for the warm retun welcome everyone :)

Damo, i'm about 10 minutes walk from a bunnings... Its pretty dangerous :p

Bird, i have had a quick flick through it but going to sit down and read it properly today

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
An official belated welcome to ACL, with you being an industrial electrician you will find this not too hard to pic up because you are already familiar with data communication systems, electricity and automation. But still feel free to ask any questions you need answering