Hey Y'all!!

Jearles

New elf
Hello everyone from Louisiana, USA!! I'm BRAND NEW to the world of "Hi Tech" Christmas lighting. As a matter of fact I haven't started yet. I'm hoping to learn how to get started so I can in fact get started this year. Please be patient with this newbie...no electrical and not computer skills !!!

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Not to put a dampener on things but starting from scratch with limited technical and computer skills in September is not likely to end well. If you do decide you want to proceed and cash is not a problem there are some shortcuts. If cash is tight it gets tougher. Maybe head over to lor sales and grab a 16 channel controller and just animate some existing ac lights. Rather than use their software go for xlights. And then if you want to do pixels next year start in February.

Ellis

Naughty Elf
Weclome jearles.
I'm a newbie too and have done as Keith suggests. I bought 2 DMX 16 channel controller to run some existing lights I have for this year.
But already getting started with planning and purchasing for next year.
The guys here are very helpful and I've got a great head start.
Make sure you pop into chat to say hi and ask questions.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, There is a steep learning curve at first but after some time the pieces do all fall into place, you will find most of the resources you need here to get started. But as Keith said if you don't have the basic technical skills already then it may be a struggle do get your head around things in time for Christmas, so start simple