Hi all from QLD

Knight light

New elf
Hi all, I have been lurking hear for a while and finally decided to jump in. At current I have never had any sort of Christmas light display.

After being inspired by the Johnson family lights earlier this year I have decided this is the year I will start.

I would like to start with leaping arches & pixel trees. Already I have found a wealth of information on hear and I look foreword to learning more.

Cheers, Tim

Ellis

Naughty Elf
Welcome! Where abouts in QLD are you?
If you haven't already, download the 101 manual to get started.
I'm new too but enjoying learning lots this year. :)

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Hi, 1st year is always the most difficult, trying to understand everything and then buying all the stuff you need and then building it.
So keep reading and join us in Chat anytime if you have any questions.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Tim. Often a steep learning curve first year in, so my advise is read the 101, formulate a rough plan of lights you'd like, watch some others display videos, and ask heaps of questions!!
Start saving your money now too ;)

Ellis

Naughty Elf
Welcome to ACL Tim. Often a steep learning curve first year in, so my advise is read the 101, formulate a rough plan of lights you'd like, watch some others display videos, and ask heaps of questions!!

Saving or spending? lol

Knight light

New elf
Yep, definitely re reading the 101. I do have a plan on what I would like for this year, just need to measure some stuff & order. Btw is there a favourite pixel strip to use for arches? Is there already a thread that has answered this?

Ellis

Naughty Elf
Yep, definitely re reading the 101. I do have a plan on what I would like for this year, just need to measure some stuff & order. Btw is there a favourite pixel strip to use for arches? Is there already a thread that has answered this?

I think the strip for arches is personal preference but others will advise what they use.
I am looking at ordering some Air Seeder Hose from Ebay, if you are in SEQ we could go halves? They come in 30m lengths.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf

Knight light

New elf
I think the strip for arches is personal preference but others will advise what they use.
I am looking at ordering some Air Seeder Hose from Ebay, if you are in SEQ we could go halves? They come in 30m lengths.
Yep would be happy to, IWas thinking the same.

videoman3857

Full time elf
Hi, 1st year is always the most difficult, trying to understand everything and then buying all the stuff you need and then building it.
So keep reading and join us in Chat anytime if you have any questions.
This is my second year and I am still having trouble, but there's certainly plenty of help here.