Hi all!

Pokitren

New elf
Hi all! I'm new to lighting and music connections. I've been plugging some things in, but I'd like to learn how to connect everything to the computer, that's where I'm having trouble. Well I'm interested in all the technical stuff in general :)

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
Welcome to the top of the rabbit hole, enjoy your trip down 🤣

You have come to the right place tho, you will never find a more awesome hive of friendly people and and blinking lights.

TerryK

Retired Elf
Welcome to ACL. I would likely suggest first downloading and reading through the ACL 101 Manual. If by computer you mean a PC, about the only thing that connects to that is an ethernet cable either for programming a controller or for xSchedule to communicate to a controller. While most individuals use a controller similar to a Falcon F14v4 (as an example), There are a good number that use SBCs (Small Board Computer) such as a Beagle Bone Black (BBB) or Raspberry Pi (RPi), myself included.

The ACL Forum is searchable and you should be able to find answers to some/most questions you may have there. There is also the Chat Room and a fair number of Americans monitor or lurk there during the daylight US hours.