Hi everyone

Stircrazy

New elf
I am still just in the reading and watching phase. My plans are to get my house outline and a few props done for this christmas then add features every year.
At this point I think I am going with the F48 differential board. my thinking is that I can keep the main board in a protected area and just run network cables and power to the areas for the props. As far as disadvantages to going with the F48 over the F16 then only one I can realy see is having to spend a bit extra on expansion boards.
Im looking forward to reading through the forum and seeing the different things people have done.

Steve

TerryK

Retired Elf
Welcome to ACL. Along with the 101 Manual, there are the other ACL sections for display ideas and possible solutions to problems. It is not unusal for someone to also be chatting or monitoring the Chat Room.

i13

Dedicated elf
If you're considering buying a Falcon controller, you might want to wait until later in the year. It's likely that the next version will be released. The plan is for the new F48 to support 700 pixels per output at 40 frames per second on 12 receiver boards at the same time. In the meantime, you can use a cheap pixel tester from Ray Wu or Ebay to make sure that your pixels work and your wiring is correct. You might want to have one of these for testing anyway; you can avoid putting the Falcon at risk due to a wiring or voltage mistake when testing new pixels and display items https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32261108366.html

Stircrazy

New elf
If you're considering buying a Falcon controller, you might want to wait until later in the year. It's likely that the next version will be released. The plan is for the new F48 to support 700 pixels per output at 40 frames per second on 12 receiver boards at the same time. In the meantime, you can use a cheap pixel tester from Ray Wu or Ebay to make sure that your pixels work and your wiring is correct. You might want to have one of these for testing anyway; you can avoid putting the Falcon at risk due to a wiring or voltage mistake when testing new pixels and display items https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32261108366.html

ok thanks, at 700 pixes per output, from the reading I have done that about twice what it will do now if you ballance the, all even. that would be impressive and quite handy. what time of year does he usaly do the releases?

thanks
Steve