Hi from Alabama

bernard

New elf
Hi,

I am located in southern states of the US. I attended a mini yesterday in Tennessee and the folks there talked highly about this group. Having a lot to learn, it seemed a good idea (at least to me) to join!
Last year I did my first display; nothing fancy, 32 channels (incands) but proud of doing it myself... feels good when you create something from scratch and you see the blinky end results. I'll be soldering 2 more boards in the next few weeks bringing the count to 64 channels.
The mini yesterday was great but the bad thing about it is that they broke me down and now I want to go pixels, rgb! I was resisting so far but I am not sure I can anymore. I have the basic knowledge and I'll be glancing around looking for info to better understand how to get it done.

Cheers to everyone!

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Bernard

Guess no one told you ... If you attend a mini you have a very high percentage of being infected with CLAP.
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

Join in the madness, jump into chat, post messages, what ever form you like to ask questions, many very friendly folks here will be glad to help. There are never any dumb or silly questions on this site. We were all where you are now at one time, and it sounds like you are already well on your way with 64 channels.
Of course we have a saying here, pictures/video or it didn't happen. :D ::) :D ;)

If you haven't found it yet, the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, its a great thing when others recommend this forum. I hope you find that it lives up to expectation, If you cant find an answer then just ask.

Cheers

burner

Full time elf
Also, feel free to check out the 2012 shows in the Video Gallery link (above) for some more RGB inspiration.

bernard

New elf
The 101 manual is a great document, thank you for pointing it out to me.
Thanks for the welcome too!