Hi from Caboolture

Lachi3

New elf
Hi Everyone
Im Lachie. I don't have much of an idea about what to say since this is my first post.
This year will be my second year doing christmas lights for caboolture. Last year I had started off pretty small but i'm planning to add more every year.
My first year (Last year) i only had a small tree, 4 arches and 4 stars but i've added more this year and there is definitely more to come. My first display definitely had some mistakes like not making a completely waterproof control box or doing no power injection with 5v pixels but it all paid off in the end. My first display was featured on 7 news' good news story but i have no idea how many people on here have seen it

I hope everyone is having luck getting their displays ready for this christmas.

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
Howdy neighbor, this is my first year :D
I think my mistake is going to be I spent all my money on a tree so don't have any other decorations :D

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome to ACL @Lachi3 , I remember seeing that video and wondered if they were already were a member here.

I joined on here at 15, now I'm 18.
There's also a few more teens (about 14 that I know of) in this hobby, you are the second Aussie I know of.

Enjoy the forum, I'm sure you are aware of the expensive fun this hobby is 😁 .
lights.jpg

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
I was talking to someone the other day completely outside of my friends circle (can't remember who, but I was paying the) and they mentioned your display. Just a fun note.