Hi from Fing

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi everyone,

thought it's about time that i completed this post….

I had xmas lights "back in the day" when they were black and white and were used to illuminate painted cut outs of Pokemon… although I did make a laser display drawing squiggles on the garage door. ( a proper laser tube with 11Kv drive, btw, none of this 5volt stuff)

Always wanted to do something big and fancy but time and $$ got in the road. This year our town got its first dancing house with singing trees and FM broadcast…. a great display… so SWMBO* has now given permission for me to build one for 2015 :D although I don't think she realises the cost….yet. ( I did say it was cheaper than smoking 2 packs a week)

I have a blank canvas, so i'm trying to design something that will give me some bang for my buck, whilst also realising that there's a learning curve and time issues to content with. I'm up to version 22358623.1

I have experience in theatre lighting using Lightfactory (small setup), I owned a mobile disco back in the 80's (pre doof doof) and have worked as an industrial electronics technician for 35years, so it's all not that foreign to me, just the design vs dollars vs end result.

I'm always happy to contribute where I can, and you can bet i'll be asking some questions, a warning though, I have a "developed" sense of humour and I'm not scared to use it……

Cheers
Fing

* She Who Must Be Obeyed

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome59.gif

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Fing, welcome to ACL mate. You sound like you already have a wealth of knowledge to draw upon. There's plenty of info within ACL and plenty of clever people here ready to help.