Hi from Perth WA!

Chezstar

New elf
Hi all!

Sitting enjoying the light display this year, and I have gotten to the point where I am starting to reach the right amount of lights in the yard. I try to pick a project each year, last year was a sleigh display for the kids to sit in for pictures, this year a christmas tree frame welded up, so I was starting to think about next year, and figured maybe now is the time to start with some christmas light control.

So here I am! Looking forward to seeing what people are doing, and have a bit of fun with the wiring and electronics side of thing. Ideally I would love to reduce the number of plugpacks, consolidate a lot of the power supples into central areas and run low voltage wiring and controllers out into the various areas.

Thanks for having a great resource to use!

Danno

Apprentice elf
Hey Chezstar, welcome! There's quite a few of us on this forum from Perth, any of whom would be more than happy to walk you through our display setups. Let me know if you want to come past for a walkthrough?
Where in Perth are you? I'm in Gwelup

Chezstar

New elf
I'm in The Vines, and work in Joondalup, so nice and close. I'm starting to read all I can on the various controllers, so will end up having a few questions as I go (Plus I need to convince the wife that cutting up some of my decorations is a good thing!), so thank you for the offer! :)

Kesnick

New elf
Hey Guys, Sorry to drop in on your conversation. I am thinking of getting into this for 2020 Christmas but not sure whats involved. I have been looking at the Falcon Controller V3 as a starting point. Danno i see you live in Gwelup. I teach golf at Lake Karrinyup country club so i am around the corner. any help or information and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Danno

Apprentice elf
Hey Kesnick, welcome! Do you live around here too? I'd offer you a walkthrough of my display, but I packed it up the other day. I did record a behind the scenes video, very beginner level here where I talk about props, controllers, cabling, etc:
View: https://youtu.be/Z_x_TYxfcgQ

As Gareth mentioned, the Perth community is growing. Make sure you attend the Perth mini this year, that's where I learnt so much (2019 was my first year doing pixels).

sector30

New elf
Great walk through Dan!
Very tidy controller boxes!!

Was really good to see your display just before christmas. Awesome setup for your first year display!

Steve