Hi from Warragul

mudgutz75

New elf
Hi everyone, Looking to set up a display next year.
Looking forward to reading everyone's posts and learn as much as I can about lighting up the house.
Cheers
Paul

mudgutz75

New elf
Putting in my orders now :) Exciting times! Hoping to save enough for the final bits and pieces by next month.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome to ACL,
What are your orders?
Might be worth while asking about for best vendors and types of controllers/pixels. Plenty of people here that have tried all there is out there.
Ask away in the live chat or here in the forums.

Just a thought so you don't end up buying something and then find it doesn't work as you'd expect :).

mudgutz75

New elf
What are your orders?
A Falcon F48v4 and 24 smart Receivers as my first lot of props will be spread out over a distance.
EDIT: 4000 Bullet WS2811 5V ip68 pixels in runs of 50
Chinese cheapy power supplies (Will swap out with Meanwells over time but due to budget, I've had to compromise this year)
Soon to put in a props order with Extreme Lighting Displays which will include 4 talking trees, 6 mini trees, Chromastars and Chromacanes.
And then just the Ethernet Cables, Power cables and weatherproof boxes will complete the set..

Might be worth while asking about for best vendors and types of controllers/pixels. Plenty of people here that have tried all there is out there.
Ask away in the live chat or here in the forums.

Just a thought so you don't end up buying something and then find it doesn't work as you'd expect :).
Thanks, I'm a first time poster and long time lurker and will definitely hit up the chat rooms if I run into issues :)
I'll be running xlights and have been playing around with the software, I made the mistake of starting everything in 20fps, but have since started anew with it all and running 40fps to get the talking elements moving smoother. I'll be drawing power from 3 different circuits so shouldn't overload any one circuit.. I'll be running very short strings (max 105 pixels for the mini trees) off of the smart receivers so shouldn't have to inject anywhere yet. (When I expand next year with the mega tree, I'll be power injecting so will rejig everything to make room for more props next year. (Although I don't want to overcrowd too.) In the future I'll be looking at a matrix but that will be 2023.

Last edited:

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
Square WS2811 5V ip68 pixels

Soon to put in a props order with Extreme Lighting Displays which will include 4 talking trees, 6 mini trees, Chromastars and Chromacanes.
Welcome!

Just a quick note to make sure you check what coro props you're planning to order as not all of them will accept square nodes. I think only the 48 node snowflakes will work with these, the rest require bullet nodes. @Troy ELD will be able to confirm if you check with him.