Hi, I am new to the Lighting scene

michealhall

New elf
Hi, I am new to the Lighting scene and just wanted to know if there was anyone around NSW around the west area penrith/Richmond/Windsor/Blacktown way that would be willing to talk, I have been reading all different ways of lighting up my house, like LOR, Arduino with ws2812b leds and that LOR stuff from the states has issues with voltage and also most of my lights are low dc voltage, but I want to sequence the lights to music. just wanted to talk to someone thats has done it and go down the right road. Any help would be appreciated.

B_P_J

Full time elf
Welcome aboard mate, i am a little further north than Sydney but i am usually hanging around chat, you should jump in, everyone there is so helpful, many great minds, so many answers..

EntropyM

New elf
michealhall said:
Hi, I am new to the Lighting scene and just wanted to know if there was anyone around NSW around the west area penrith/Richmond/Windsor/Blacktown way that would be willing to talk, I have been reading all different ways of lighting up my house, like LOR, Arduino with ws2812b leds and that LOR stuff from the states has issues with voltage and also most of my lights are low dc voltage, but I want to sequence the lights to music. just wanted to talk to someone thats has done it and go down the right road. Any help would be appreciated.

Check the Display Locations link at the top. You can see others in your area.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome44.gif

i13

Dedicated elf
Light-O-Rama hardware is a relatively expensive option. For low voltage DC lights, DMX512 controllers are what I use and highly recommend. They're not the only option worth investigating though.

From there you can add pixels to your show and run them with their own E1.31 controllers alongside the DMX512. There are specific pixel controllers as well as the Arduinos. Some of the pixel controllers have DMX512 outputs as well.

If your low voltage lights have 8 function controllers then they need to have at least 3 wires going to the lights.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Hi Michael

welcome to ACl

I will be moving to Camden in a few weeks so will not be far from you. once I'm moved into we can have a chat. also I'm in chat most nights and can talk you through a few things and how to save money and go in the right direction from the start

lytnin

Full time elf
G'Day Michael,
Welcome to ACL.

Yeah I'm in McGraths Hill.

I've been doing this for quite a few years now.

I'm happy to chat and show you what I run. Shame you didn't post a few days ago. I've just pulled down most of it, but still accessible.

Cheers
Dave