1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Hi there from Sheidow Park SA

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by Adsy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Adsy

Adsy New Elf

G'day there folks, my name is Adam and after watching a few YouTube videos I think it's time to do me some Christmas lights. I have been tinkering with dumb RGB for about 8 or so years now doing my own largish led panels,infinity mirror coffee table. I got some 6803ic last year and they started the creative juices flowing.I have recently acquired some 1903ic and as of Friday ws2812b strips for which I think I've fritzed already with arduino uno!!!( I'll post a thread in the relevant forum)
    Anyways I just like designing and making stuff so this hobby seems to suit me ,I think I need to get my head around the technology side of things which partially why I'm here. Thanks for the good read so far and some added inspiration .
    Cheers

2. djgra79

djgra79 My name is Graham & I love flashing lights! Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Hey Adam, welcome to ACL!
    Sound like you already have a bit of experience with layouts of your lights, next step would be into the wonderful world of pixels!
    Have a read of the 101 guide to get you across all the ins and outs and if you cant find what you're looking for in the forums or wiki pages, feel free to jump in chat as there is usually someone around to bounce your questions and ideas off of.
    Cheers, Graham

3. darylc

darylc 404 darylc not found Global Moderator Generous Elf

Welcome Adsy, there are lots of us in Adelaide, even some down your way!

4. ryanschristmaslights

ryanschristmaslights Senior Elf Administrator

Find Me On:
    Hi and welcome!

Indeed, there are a number of ACLers down your side of town and even a few in Sheidow Park :). Check out the locations map - perhaps you've been to one of their displays in past years.

5. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    I sent some stuff off to John/ @jb09 in Sheidow Park last week.