Hi y'all from Okotoks Alberta, Canada

sick xmas

New elf
I am very, very new to computer light control as I will be doing my first display this XMAS. Each year I decorate every space on my house with lights and want to do more but it's always to late to get in the game. This year I'm starting early to plan my display in the hopes of having something spectacular at XMAS. My plan is to buy LOR controllers for my existing lights but focus on RGB pixels. The information on this site has been great for me to understand the technology options better and get a running start on what to invest in. I look forward to reading posts on this site and reaching out to you for tips on my own display.

barbotte

Apprentice elf
welcome to acl .... i hope you are not involve too much with the flood you guys have right now ,,, as for behing early well .. you are almost late lol .... LOr is a good ontroler but very expensive ..if you dont mind a little of DYI there are other controler cheaper that do the jog too ... lynx express and renard ss 24 are 2 of them as for pixel you also have few option 682 and p12 seem to be the favorite here if you go with only dum rgb .. ray 27 chanel is a good choice .. well again welcome and dont be shy to ask question as there is a lot of people with knowledge ...cheer

barbotte

Apprentice elf
i also forget to mention .... if you want quick and direct anser to your question ,,, the chat room is usualy full of people too cheer

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL

Lots of very friendly people here will be glad to help you on your way to blinkiness.
If you haven't found it yet, the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource.
If that's not enough folks can point you to areas in the Wiki and foums for the answers you may need.
Using the chat room is a great resouce also.