Hi

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Hello and Welcome to ACL!
Read up on the ACL 101 manual. https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/auschristmaslighting-101-manual.1889/.

- As I saw a comment on a newbie's Facebook post:
"Hope your single, rich, and have a full liquor cabinet."

Read up, study, study, plan and repeat. Make sure you know what you're wanting before you spend money!

I would diffidently look around before buying kits, much cheaper and more suited when custom made. And it's part of the fun making your own!

Enjoy the community.

TerryK

Retired Elf
- As I saw a comment on a newbie's Facebook post:
"Hope your single, rich, and have a full liquor cabinet."

Hey Mark you need to add 'And please do not ask what the difference is between 5 and 12 volt strings.'

Hi, all I'm new to the hobby and looking at taking the leap this year

Hi BirchallLights. Welcome to ACL, and yes you may ask what the difference is between 5 and 12 volt strings. :D Be prepared for a lively debate on the topic if you do. In addition to what Mark_M and OzAz has suggested I would add, search ACL's forum archive and media. Along with the Wiki there is a tremendous amount of information available to help understand terms used and how to create a display. Cheers.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Hey Mark you need to add 'And please do not ask what the difference is between 5 and 12 volt strings.'
Well, the names are different for a start.......

Don't start again with the 5v VS 12v debate. We know what voltage is going to win. ;)
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.