Hi

Emersonlights

New elf
So I have been on here a while now just reading and learning. Time to start being active.

First off thank you to all involved with this site I have learnt a lot.

BIt of background. Decided to start with lights this year as my daughter will be old enough to help and enjoy them. I'm an security tech by day so the hardware side comes easy just making a sequence look good I'll have to learn. Looking for this year to do full outline of the house, 2 small trees, 8 foot mega tree 180 degree and a 5 x 5 p10 screen.

Only question so far is what forum would be best to start a build thread in so I can document my progress.

Thanks and I think I caught the CLAP already.

Josh

i13

Dedicated elf
Hi Emersonlights

What sort of lights are you planning on using for each component of the display?

Sequencing is one of those things where practice makes perfect. Your sequencing will change with time and mistakes can be deleted. Everyone's style is different and you might want to look at other peoples' styles in the Video Gallery and Show Off Arena. If you have any sort of musical background or if you think well visually then that'll help.

Visit chat too. It gives you a chance to meet the forum members who write the posts you've been reading.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome57.gif

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Hi Josh
Welcome to ACL.
I see from your build post that your on the Gold Coast, there are a few of us around the area and I'm on the northern end. You are more than welcome to call by and check out some of the gear, I have my 2D mega tree mounted on the garage ceiling that I use for test during the year.

Make sure you register for the Qld mini meeting in April it is well worth the time to attend.

Stuart