HLS Text within pixel panel

Madko

Full time elf
Hey Guys,

Is there a way of getting the text to flash straight up instead of having it scroll from the top to the bottom.
In pixel plane editor im wanting to use vertical text but want the word "SANTA" to flash up straight away instead of scrolling through. Can this be done using HLS pixel plane?

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Habbosrus

Back again
I wasn't able to get HLS to do this but didn't try too long. I used Nutcracker instead. Very easy integration on pixel plane.

Madko

Full time elf
Thanks for nutcracker link. I ended up producing a sequence and converted it to a HLS file format. I then slotted it into my HLS pixel panel sequence by right clicking on my pixel panel line and then selected 'add external pixel plane'

It didn't work!

Is there something else I need to do? I followed the tutorial for intro so I would assume it would work but didn't.
Is there a tutorial for dropping in external pixel plane sequences into HLS?

Cheers

Habbosrus

Back again
When you say you converted it, what did you convert? You should only have to create an effect in Nutcracker/Xlights, save it as HLS format and then drop it on your pixel plane. At work at the moment but can help later when I get home.

Madko

Full time elf
Yes, I produce a sequence within Xlight/nutcracker, then save it. It's saves a file into the file location but its saved as an Xlight file format. I then convert that sequence Xlight file format to a HLS file format. I then drop that into file onto my mega tree pixel plane line. I then try running the sequence and nothing happens.

When you perform the setup initially, I setup 24 universes and used unicast and set the IP addresses. My mega tree runs universes 13-24 so I set the first channel of universe 13. Is this critical to get right or does HLS distingush the sequence and set the right outputs?

I'm clutching at straws at the moment! Getting excited as I'm nearly finished everything for 2013 (first pixel display). Been setting up and learning since December 2012!!!!!

Habbosrus

Back again
You don't need to worry about setting the right universes, etc. just as long as you've got enough universes/channels to do the job. Check out this dodgey video I made a few months ago for someone that was having a little trouble. I just noticed it has been downloaded over 200 times!

https://app.box.com/s/kp63od6gtonlp2jx90jh

Hope it helps
Cheers

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Madko said:
Yes, I produce a sequence within Xlight/nutcracker, then save it. It's saves a file into the file location but its saved as an Xlight file format. I then convert that sequence Xlight file format to a HLS file format.

just a suggestion, you dont need to use the convert tab to change xseq files into hlsnc. After finishing a sequence click the "Export" button and select hlsnc.

as far as loading it into hls, others will have to help with that.

thanks
sean

Madko

Full time elf
Thanks all! Seems like I'm doing everything right!this is as far as nutcracker is concerned. Maybe it's how I'm loading it into my pixel line.

I have my pixel plane open for my mega tree. Set my red start flag. Right click and select add external pixel panel effect. I select the recently produced Hlsnc file and it loads onto this line. I then run my sequence but this newly created sequence does light up on the lights.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

angus40

Senior elf
Madko said:
Thanks all! Seems like I'm doing everything right!this is as far as nutcracker is concerned. Maybe it's how I'm loading it into my pixel line.

I have my pixel plane open for my mega tree. Set my red start flag. Right click and select add external pixel panel effect. I select the recently produced Hlsnc file and it loads onto this line. I then run my sequence but this newly created sequence does light up on the lights.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

in your setup of nutcracker did you select your nutcracker folder in Hls to save your created effects to ?
watch this video i created, @3.34 shows you the steps to export.hlsnc files .
cheers
picturers nutcracker

angus40

Senior elf
Ps If you have some great looking text to share , I will create a cool animated text sequence that all can use .

For the life of me I just cannot get a good mental vision of nice text but I have great ideas how to animate it .

Madko

Full time elf
Thanks for the replies! However it seems like im doing everything correctly in the nutcracker sense. Saving and exporting seems good and i cant find anything to my knowledge to be the problem. I also double checked to see that i was saving the hlsnc file in the correct nutcracker file..... it was!

Here is something that i found. When i do you the Xlight program and use the test output funtion to light and run the sequence it does work. However only 4 out of 12 strips light up. Im using a 2D 12 strip mega tree. When i try running the sequence in HLS nothing lights up, so still doesnt make any sense.

Anyway............. totally confused!!!!!

angus40

Senior elf
as a test in hls on your pixel plane , place 3 level effects .
Red
blue
green
then enable output in hls and play your sequence on your lights.
if your element lights up accordingly you can rule out your hls config settings
and look more towards your nutcracker setup as the issue.

Madko

Full time elf
It's definitely a nutcracker issue (or operator error somewhere) because I have 3 songs of my sequence with the mega tree running fine if i create a pixel plane effect through HLS! When I create a pixel plane through Xlight/nutcracker and drop it on the mega tree pixel plane line it doesn't work!