How to configure xlight channels for unused pixels

PumpkinCrazy

New elf
Hello from San Francisco, CA.

I am working on my first light display with two props. Prop 1 has cutouts for 130 pixels I but the overall number of pixels is 150 (20 are unused and hanging from the prop). I want to connect prop 2 which has 100 pixels no extra pixels after prop 1.
I have a Falcon Controller F16V3. My question is how do I configure the xlight channels so that the 20 unused pixels are skipped? The problem I am having is that xlight is lighting the 20 extra pixels from prop 1 leaving 20 unlit from prop 2.

Thanks from you help!!

PumpkinCrazy

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Generally we cut off the unused pixels and solder the female connector back on. Thats a waste of 20 pixels.. As @OzAz mentioned you can create a virtual string and add 20 null pixels on the Falcon

Ltmup

Full time elf
less elegant , down and dirty. create a prop of 20 pixels with no effects and put it between the 2 real ones

PumpkinCrazy

New elf
@OzAz @uncledan Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the null string approach and it worked. Here's a screenshot of the result in the controller. I did not have to make any changes to the models in Xlights.
Falcon null virtual string.PNG