1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

How to set up a Mega tree in LSP as a matrix help

Discussion in 'LightShow Pro (LSP)' started by Gso125, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Gso125

Gso125 Apprentice Elf

I'm just trying to figure out LSP and have got a basic grasp on setting up my controllers as elements for an outline of my house. Thanks to chat I have the channels set up. One thing that I have a problem with is if you draw the string and then you go back in to fix or re-draw the light string there is no way to delete it or clear it. I Can delete it if I don't play the sequence first. Where this is becoming an issue for me is adding matrix's and then I want to move it I start cluttering up my house image quickly.
    Ok here is where I also need some help, adding a matrix for a mega tree. I added 6 rgb controllers in a new element starting from channel 1000. I then click on the 1st controller to draw my image and attempt to draw a matrix. I added all 6 controllers for the channel set up. I draw it out and now matter how big I draw it, it only gives me 17 x 17. It says my drawing isn't big enough. Im trying to have a basic flat tree for testing in lsp for 12- 50 pixel node strings for a 24x25 matrix.
    I know im doing something wrong is there a video setting up a large pixel tree in lsp thanks

2. ron d

ron d Apprentice Elf

Here is an old video
    [font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAz3lY-2fd4&feature=relmfu[/font]
    [font=.HelveticaNeueUI][/size][/font]
    [font=.HelveticaNeueUI][/size]I typically draw my mega tree twice. I do a 2d tree and draw it using the rgb rope light tool in the shape/size of the tree and also do it as a matrix and draw a small matrix off to the side.[/font]
    [font=.HelveticaNeueUI][/size]Only 50/50 chance this will help much.[/font]

3. OP
    OP
    Gso125

Gso125 Apprentice Elf

I watched that one and it shows an 8x8 but was trying a bigger 25x24 I couldn't get it to go bigger than 17x17

4. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    I would say this issue is created by not having the controllers correctly set up for the range of channels you want to use in the matrix. If you draw a matrix that is 24 x 25 then you must ensure there are 600 RGB channels availabe to use for that matrix or else when creating the matrix it will say that the channel range is not big enough and not work.

Now to clear a drawing you right mouse click on the element/controller and then you can remove drawings, this will clear that drawing for that controller/element. You can tell if a drawing has been allocated to an LSP RGB channel by noticing a verticle white bar to the right of the channel name.

5. ron d

ron d Apprentice Elf

Your sequence had 6 controllers and I thought it was a strip tree. I drew it as a 2d mega tree with a matching grid off to the side. I think it should give you an idea. Maybe take another stab at it and if you get frustrated I will try and help some more.

6. OP
    OP
    Gso125

Gso125 Apprentice Elf

Thanks Ron that was a big help. I figured out what I was doing wrong. Basic math. Thanks fasteddy also. What I was doing was setting up in my head a bigger matrix 25x24 and just I only had 6 controllers set up. I drew next to your tree a 25 x12 (600 ch) not a 25x24 (900 channel I was thinking of.)and it works great thanks. Now im onto more elements like leaping arches then I need to buy all the lights, psu's and j1sys controllers.

7. ron d

ron d Apprentice Elf

Do you understand drawing the second matrix? You need to be 100% sure you hve the data directed in the correct spot on both the mega tree and matrix when you draw them. As far as drawing the mega tree as a matrix I usually draw it off to the side and leave the mega tree to scale in its spot. Som folks just draw it as a matrix but I like to do both and just assign the same channels to multiple things.