How to shut down a rasberry Pi

Dez

Fueled by Christmas - Inspired by You!
Well I’ve changed my mind. I would really love to have my rasberry Pi shut down automatically every night. Does anyone know how to write a script to make it shut down?

Jorge Bolivar

Full time elf
Well I’ve changed my mind. I would really love to have my rasberry Pi shut down automatically every night. Does anyone know how to write a script to make it shut down?
What method you will use to power up?
I get a script idea from one of the latest Andrea Spias YT video but haven't have time to play with it. Hope you can find the video as I no have the link at the moment.

Dez

My main box will be on a timer so power shuts down 15 minutes after Pi turns off and is powered on every afternoon. I will find that you tube video. Thanks

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
if you have multi rasp pi's, there is one called "RemoteShutDown.sh" that allows you to shutdown multi pi's from 1 main one

Dez

I actually decided to leave my rasberry Pi on a seperate supply and I leave it running.

ryanatunlock

New elf
I have the PI connected to a smart plug. I shut it down with the script, then the smart power plug turns off 15 mins later. Then I turn the PI and Falcon on 15 mins before my show starts.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
go to file manager on fpp
click on scripts
then select script
then click Edit.

add IP of the remote fpp you want to shutdown then save.

then add into schedule then done