Howdy from Atlanta Ga, USA

tmarshal61

New elf
Hello Everyone,

First post...

I came across this site as I was researching purchasing some "dumb" rope lights. I knew absolutely nothing about lighting or lighting control but as I learned more and more, my interest level grew. I think I am hooked.

I finally took the plunge. I just ordered the Advatech PixLite 16 E1.31 Controller (16 separate outputs with up to 5440 pixels or 16320 channels). In addition, I ordered 20 of Ray Wu's 30 pixel/m WS2812B RGP strips and a few RGB Strings and some other odds and ends from DIY LED Express.

I am hoping to have something done by Christmas. I have been playing around with LightShop Pro and I realize how difficulty it can be to put together a good sequence. My expectations are not too high for this year since I am a complete nube. I have a new found respect for what some of you have been able to accomplish. There is some pretty amazing stuff out there.

I love the friendly atmosphere and the fact that everyone is so willing to help and mentor.

Hope to I will have some tales to share.

Cheers!

Tom

P.S. Anyone from Georgia (USA) on this forum?

dougd

Full time elf
Right up the road in Cleveland, Tn. Just a stones throw from GA. Welcome to ACL. Hit that chat button to hang out or hopefully get some real time questions answered.

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Welcome to ACL.
This site is a treasure trove of information and some very nice and helpful people.
Good luck with the first display - it is the one that always stays with you :D and any and everything you do will look great.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome57.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, There is a name for what you described and its called the CLAP, we all suffer from it here (Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem) You will find lots of advice and help here from a great bunch of members, so feel free to ask any questions

tmarshal61

New elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Welcome to ACL, There is a name for what you described and its called the CLAP, we all suffer from it here (Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem) You will find lots of advice and help here from a great bunch of members, so feel free to ask any questions

lol... I saw that in your signature and I was trying to figure out what it stood for.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Kenny Greer

New elf
Welcome Tom! This is a great bunch of people you have chosen to converse with and learn from.

Not too far from you, on the coast of SC.