Howdy! from Austin, Texas, USA

JeffL98

Canispater Christmas
New to the forums, but have enjoyed lighting for years now. I started with a small LOR system a few years back and finally moved to pixels last year. Added music to the display this year and a few more lights. My display runs about 2,200 pixels on a single Pi and a Falcon 16 plus a couple of SanDevices E-6804s. Network is hard-wired from the Pi in the garage to the Falcon/power box (via 23m cable) under the 1,200-pixel (4.5m) mega-tree (guess that's technically a kilo-tree) and another ~15m cable from the central box to a remote location. Running it all multicast until it becomes a problem.

I converted to an ASAP pole for the mega-tree and added a pixel wreath this year (4 concentric circles of 72 pixels). I'm planning on trying out some P10 panels for a "tune to" sign next year. Goal is to add at least 1,000 pixels per year until it gets too hard to assemble the display - hoping that runs for quite a while!

There's a ton of great information on this site and I finally decided to join! Thanks for all the help you've all given me so far!

Jeff

JeffL98

Canispater Christmas
Edward,

WOW! That is THE MOST comprehensive manual about the hobby I've seen. Very nice job!

Wish I had seen that about 18 months ago!

Is there one on P10 panels anywhere or in the works?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Unfortunately I haven't had any time to update this manual to include the screens as now I have a full time job and a separate business to run that consumes most of my time also I must include family duties as well
But if someone wants to write a section on the P10/P6 screens then I would be glad to add this to the manual