HTML setup page...

ChristmasLover

New elf
I have managed to red lash my "older" pixad8, can connect to it with the UBL no issues. What isn't working is trying to type 10.10.10.10 into my browser. It times out trying to connect. any suggestions?

firebug

Senior elf
Disconnect your internet connection then try logging into J1sys. I had a similar issue where 2 IP addresses (modem and controllers) were clashing with each other...

ChristmasLover

New elf
Guess I should add that I am using a stand alone laptop. I have the wireless adapter disabled so it has no acces to the Internet.

battle79

Full time elf
If your using a stand alone laptop then you will need to go into network settings and manually give your laptop a IP address in the range of 10.10.10.xxx Where xxx is whatever you choose other than .10 as that's your pixad8.

This should allow you to log in and then change the IP address to suit the normal IP address range of your router.

Regards,
Rowan

ChristmasLover

New elf
Controller is powered and up has been verified through the ubl,
Also I have manually set my Ethernet connection to 10.10.10.100 subnet 255.255.255.0

prof

Apprentice elf
If connecting your computer directly to the controller have you tried using a crossover cable

ChristmasLover

New elf
prof said:
If connecting your computer directly to the controller have you tried using a crossover cable

Are you talking about a sub yo rj485? I have one for running my renards... Guess it wouldn't hurt to try it

ChristmasLover

New elf
Solved!

What I did. In the ubl, after reloading the hex file onto the pic. I clicked run application. Tried 10.10.10.10 again and whamo! HTML configure page came up!