I guess I don't plug a P12S in!

battle79

Full time elf
Wireless power is still in development for these units. LOL

Seriously though, a $20- Ray Wu 350W power supply will do nicely, or if you prefer piece of mind then an actual mean well 350W supply will fit the bill. Bothcome with no cabling and need plug lead and cabling to P12S

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Power is the most important thing because without it you have nothing, so look at spending a few more dollars here to ensure you have a reliable power supply like a Meanwell.
If you decide to use a cheap Ray Wu one then always buy a backup in case.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Eastwood16G said:
Are you doing a "blonde post" to get your stats up on the forum. Come on, everything needs power. R
Don't know about that, pretty sure my work computer runs on a rubber band and a mouse wheel.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Eastwood16G said:
Are you doing a "blonde post" to get your stats up on the forum. Come on, everything needs power. R

When starting out in this hobby, some things that may seem very obvious to someone with a lot of electrical experience may not be so obvious to a newbie starting out. Most appliances/ devices we buy nowadays do just merely plug into the wall socket and work without having to hook up a separate power supply first. One thing I like about this forum is the fact that the experienced are very supportive of those starting out ( something that I, as someone without an electrical background, have greatly benefited from). It would be a great shame to see people being put off asking questions, even if they seem very straight forward to some.

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Long response to a quip. Wake up, we play with electrical lights, they need power. I honestly don't think we need to pander to the idea that some folks don't think lights need power. I'm quite sure the post above is a HoHoHo take. Not sure who you are embracing within the cool-crowd hugs, but lets not pretend we can have the blinky-blinky without power.

This is a wind-up right! R

dale82

Senior elf
Eastwood16G said:
Long response to a quip. Wake up, we play with electrical lights, they need power. I honestly don't think we need to pander to the idea that some folks don't think lights need power. I'm quite sure the post above is a HoHoHo take. Not sure who you are embracing within the cool-crowd hugs, but lets not pretend we can have the blinky-blinky without power.

WOW someone needs a BIG ACL HUG! this is a post that someone has realised that they made a mistake. Chill out, you don't need to be so hostile! ;)

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Hey Dale, next time I'm up your way I'll pop in and buy you a beer, so long as you give me an appropriately short hug. A Kingaroy wave would be good. For a few days you have picked out my responses and have got stuck in. It's not what I thought ACL was for. But that's OK. Perhaps we see the world differently. I'm for kids having fun. I'm not for adults wasting time.

Read the original post. If you don't plug your TV into the power it does not work. Same with your controllers. This whole conversation is a complete HoHoHo take. This is not a newbie not knowing, who we need to be empathico with. Its just a guy saying the equipment works better when you plug it in. Small laughs.

I forget to plug stuff in, or flick the switch several times each day. I'm sure you all don't want me to share, and reach out so you can emphasise with my pain. Tell me otherwise. The older I get the more forgetful and the more pain I have to share.

When we have that beer you'll know I'm the least hostile guy you'll every meet, OK a bit anxious, reserved and maybe a bit scary, but really I'm not hostile.

Both my neighbours have cats that cannot sequence their lights. I invite you to reach out to those cats. WOW they need a BIG ACL HUG! They are really cute cats. Even cats need to plug in their controllers into some power.

This post is a joke. We laugh and move on. We don't get D&M. If you are taking the HoHoHo out of me, well then you got me good. Ha, Ha.

Richard

dale82

Senior elf
lol sorry mate, I don't like cats. And unfortunately I cannot Drink alcohol either, but I will have a Coke Zero. I find that posts can come across the wrong way and I actually have found your posts came across as hostile, My bad I may have taken them the wrong way. And you Really want to come to Kingaroy? we are all nutty here

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Eastwood16G said:

I guess only the original poster can tell us whether it was a wind up or not. I'm guessing he knew it needed power, just like a TV or stereo needs power but when you buy it, you plug it in and it works. Some controller setups like the ones from LOR are all ready to go (admittedly they are the 240v and 110v versions ) -you plug them in and you are good to go. Perhaps the original poster thought they came as a complete setup with a power setup to output to low voltage DC.
I guess I'll continue to presume that some people are starting out from scratch, much like I did three years ago, with quite a lot to learn right from the beginning and if that means the odd joker gets a so called "crowd hug", I'm all good with that. I'd prefer that to seeing a new person get put off this hobby and forum after having their post shot down by another member who is fortunate enough to know it all already.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I'm with you Logan. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask and being that wiring AC 240v power is something only a qualified electrician has experience in I can see how you would assume the power supply would be plug and play.