I need an advice about a project with WS2812b led strip.

Solaris

New elf
Hello
I like this kind of effect:RGB light strip synced to music - YouTube

I would like to make the same but the light should automatically synchronise to music.
The WS2812b LED strip must border like a frame 6 Windows.
So that i will have 12 lenght - 10x3m and 2x4m. ( 5 of the windows are 2x1m and 1 is 1.6x2m)
I already bought 40m WS2812B led strip from AliExpres and the 5v/70A power supply.
I need your advice about:

1. What kind of controller i will need?
2. Which software is best, so that automatically sync led to the music?
Lightjams. LedEdit2015, LightShow Pro, xLights, Vixen Lights, Madrix

Thanks. Nikolay

scamper

Dedicated elf
Firstly, welcome to ACL.
I am not sure what you mean "automatically synchronise to music " as all the software that I have seen you need to manually synchronise it.
[/size]I suggest you have a read of this manual
[/size]https://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1889.0.html
It will give you a better understanding of what is involved and then you can go from there.
There are so many options on controllers and software and a lot of it is personal preference.

Jump into chat there is always someone in there that can point you in the right direction.

Roosta

Full time elf
Hi Nikolay,

Welcome to the forums..

Same as scamper the softwares you refer to require the user to 'sequence' there lights to music.. No real automatic sync though..
However you may be able to used something like this
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/19Key-LED-IR-Music-Dream-Color-LED-Controller-Controlled-IC-Model-UCS1903-WS2811-TM1804-TM1809-TM1812/32271544031.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.63.a9USdo
to achieve similar to what you wish to achieve...

Other wise I am afraid you are in the same boat as the rest of us and will need to spend time using the softwares you mentioned programming a customised sequence..

Cheers,
Nik

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Madrix has a sound to effects feature that works live and can be very effective but the cost of Madrix is a bit over the top

There is a much cheaper option called LED LAB which also has a sound to lights feature, this works on the IPad, it doesn't use E1.31 output but has Art-Net output. But not a bad option