I was outside with my wife and daughter.

Junior

Full time elf
It's a beautiful thing. Here in Ipswich. It's suppose to of rained. So I was all set for a night inside. Night of wife watching her show and I mapping the next sequence I think it's gonna be an awesome addition.

Rained ease at show time. So wife, daughter and I was outside on our chairs watching the lights. Had our fair share of viewers come by. I'd get up to chat to them. The rain spitting off and on and we are wondering if this it? Time to go inside? Happened for many minutes from 7 to 810pm.

We had the traffic come by, friends come by. Whilst the off and on spitting kept coming. Friends left, wife daughter and I standing in the rain not wanting to go inside. My wife and daughter love just watching ( I only get to see it in the weekend) I can add many songs during the week and not seen any on my lights. So at one stage it was just my wife, daughter and I standing in the rain not wanting to go inside, I held my wife and she held our daughter, and it always magical moment's like this I never want to end. I kissed my wife and she tells me how our daughter loves this every night. And in that moment. I wish we could of stayed outside and watch the rest of the show.

I knew it was time to come it. But wait, we thought we could sit in my car and watch it while it's raining lol. But it was not the same. So in the end. About 810(7pm start) we gave up.

It's the standing in the rain with my small family(still have 2 sons not here) that I knew I'd be doing this hobby till I cant physically do it no more. Its moments like these that I wish I was still outside with them tonight. Yes reluctantly we gave up. Packed up, daughter sobbing( she's asleep now)wishing we were still outside and me wishing I was still holding my wife in the rain marvelling at the beautiful sequences that the community have lovingly created.

I love this hobby. And without people like superman(who helped me immensely)on here I wouldn't have the moments like I did tonight. Thank you Steven. I miss ya mate. But know you have your display going and busy now.

Thank you Keith and to all the xlights administration for what you do for us and people all over the world.

It's suppose to rain for a while here in Ipswich. Hope to see the lights again with my family before it's time to pack it down.

Merry Christmas all. Hope you have your magical moments and remember why you did this hobby for. Not for how many cars and people that come past. Not the stats on numbers that have come through. It's the magical moments it means to your families.

Regards serial questioner (is there such a word)

Junior.

PS I never know what thread to out my post in lol. Very sorry admin.

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Thanks for sharing Junior, you have done a great job with your display and at times struggled to get a few things sorted out but you have persisted and by the sounds of it have created some great family moments.

Well done

Junior

Full time elf
Thanks for sharing Junior, you have done a great job with your display and at times struggled to get a few things sorted out but you have persisted and by the sounds of it have created some great family moments.

Well done
Thank you legend! Mate I still struggle with the programming and stuff. But I've never given up. I work hard miss work till early hours of the morning. Effort gets me there not talent.

Btw I sent a request via FB.