If here have any way to use web address instead of the IP to access the device.

gflai

New elf
We do the port forwad way to access our device via internet, it is successful to control our lights via web page . but we use the same address in Xlight softward , it is not successful . is any way to do this , thanks.

Attachments

• xlights ip.jpg
    xlights ip.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 32
  • xlights ip-3.jpg
    xlights ip-3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 32
  • xlights ip-2.jpg
    xlights ip-2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 32

i13

Dedicated elf
Try putting the IP address into xLights instead of 291o2y6417.zicp.... It looks like you're using an ESPixelStick. I don't have one of these but this is the first thing that I would try.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 4

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
I have a ESPixelNode/Stick and as i13 says in xLights use the IP address
Yours buy the pic is 192.168.1.125

gflai

New elf
we want to ue the dynamical IP , so we should use the website address+port instead of the actual IP.

Chezstar

New elf
Have you opened the actual port 5568 in your router and also forwarded that to the ESPixelstick. just having port 80 open and forwarded will only give you the status page, whereas I believe xLights is trying to connect via the E131 protocol, which needs port 5568 as the default.

I'm assuming you are trying to still connect using xLights from a location outside the network (ie, on the internet side of the router). If you are trying to connect from inside the network using the external web address, then you need to have a lot more configuration involved, ie, all the internal devices need to know that they are part of that network.

Just be very wary connecting this kind of device to the outside world, it does not have the kind of security required to be a device that can be accessed remotely, its a big big security hole.

Jay.S

Full time elf
You should be able to use multicast. If you use multicast, xLights will send data to ALL controllers on the network. It is then up to the controller (espixelstick) to decide if the traffic is meant for itself or some other controller on the network (it knows its own universe and channel numbers).

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
As far as I know, the OP is wanting to send data to a remote device over the internet. That's not going to work with multicast as far as I know.