If you can't have real flames.... fake it.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Latest toy. Want to incorporate it into the display somehow.Controllable via DMX
Can't have real flames so may well have the next best thing :D

https://youtu.be/ldVQ1tKbvAE

Sorry the video is quite blurry in places as the phone had trouble focussing but you get the idea. Turned the sound off also.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Off the shelf
7f2f99e14e160a7ce13dcb392330adcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logandc99

Dedicated elf
ShellNZ said:
Very cool, but ouch.....NZ$420 without shipping!!!

Was a bit of an ouch but was $375 picked up myself from Queen Street. :D

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Yes. And they are a short walk from work...... um ah... I mean a short drive from home :D

Binny

Apprentice elf
Can they be controlled by xlights ?

What controller would you use to operate them ??

Just $299 in Sydney. Nice

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Binny said:
Can they be controlled by xlights ?

What controller would you use to operate them ??

Just $299 in Sydney. Nice

They have a wired remote, wireless remote and are controllable via DMX so I see no reason why you can't control them using Xlights. I need to wire up a cable to convert the 3 pin XLR to RJ45 so I can control it from one of my boards with DMX out (the LOR, J1-sys and falcon boards). Shouldn't be any different to controlling a moving head LED via DMX as Gil did with Xlights. But I have yet to try it out that way. But once I get a cable made..... :D .
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]They are a little noisey when they shoot the fog and the fog doesn't smell overly nice (like a sweaty gym) but you can buy small fragrance bottles to add to the mix with the choice of aromas such as vanilla, mint, strawberries, coconut, tropical and.... energy drink!?[/font][SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]

ShellNZ

Senior elf
oooo, tropical coconut, noice :)

Making XLR to RJ45 is easy peasy logan :) I have a few here Ive made.

Here is my super rough drawing that I made a few years ago... ignore all the writing.

XLR%20to%20RJ45_zpsulz45irl.jpg

logandc99

Dedicated elf
How that's my kind of diagram! Can't beat the coloured crayons :D Thanks.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
ShellNZ said:
oooo, tropical coconut, noice :)

Making XLR to RJ45 is easy peasy logan :) I have a few here Ive made.

Here is my super rough drawing that I made a few years ago... ignore all the writing.

XLR%20to%20RJ45_zpsulz45irl.jpg

Ok just a little confused. My male XLR are numbered like the female ones in this drawing. Is this looking from the back (solder side) or the front of the connector?

DavidJ247

Full time elf
That's great Logan, with the red light it really looks like fire! Don't put it too close to Olaf, lol.
Moving head looks pretty cool too.
I'm working with a few DMX stage/club type lights myself atm, I'm interested to know how others are setting these up in xlights but I don't want to hijack your post, I'll start another thread shortly, keen to get your thoughts.