importing background phot into xlights.

Stircrazy

New elf
Hi, so I am just trying to set up xlights and import the picture of my house but for some reasin it imports upside down no matter the orentation of the original image.

is there a trick for this that I am missing?

Steve

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
I’ve experienced this as well, I can’t specifically tell you how I resolved it as I tried a few different methods.

try editing your image and rotating it 180 degrees in another program and then reimport to xlights.

I’ve since used a different image and it worked first go the correct way. It must be a bit of a bug in xlights. Because I don’t have a proper config setup yet (haven’t started that part), I update xlights every single release, so it may have been corrected already that’s why it works on my new image.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Hi, so I am just trying to set up xlights and import the picture of my house but for some reasin it imports upside down no matter the orentation of the original image.
This sounds like an issue someone had on Zoom. But we'll try one way first.

Simply open the image in photos (default image viewer in Windows 10) and click rotate button.

If that doesn't work then this is hinting towards a weird bug in Windows;
Going from what @lithgowlights suggested (and worked).

Opening photos app and rotating the image looks to have worked, but Windows has saved the image upside down and added a note to rotate it. It's up to the software to rotate it again.

To solve this; @lithgowlights suggested opening it in Paint (not "Paint 3D) and rotating it. Then change the size of the image, literally 1x1% smaller so Windows sees it as a totally new image.

View: https://youtu.be/C1eoURd2W3o

Stircrazy

New elf
This sounds like an issue someone had on Zoom. But we'll try one way first.

Simply open the image in photos (default image viewer in Windows 10) and click rotate button.

If that doesn't work then this is hinting towards a weird bug in Windows;
Going from what @lithgowlights suggested (and worked).

Opening photos app and rotating the image looks to have worked, but Windows has saved the image upside down and added a note to rotate it. It's up to the software to rotate it again.

To solve this; @lithgowlights suggested opening it in Paint (not "Paint 3D) and rotating it. Then change the size of the image, literally 1x1% smaller so Windows sees it as a totally new image.

View: https://youtu.be/C1eoURd2W3o

ya roatating it didnt work, but I opened it with an external editor and did absolutly nothing but save it under a different name and it now works. weird...

Steve

i13

Dedicated elf
You won't need the controller(s) in order to start sequencing. Just set up the models so that none of the channels overlap. You can check that you've done this correctly by going to Tools -> Check Sequence. Once you have your controller(s) and have decided what will go on each output, you can then map it out.

gpmlights

New elf

is there a trick for this that I am missing?

Steve
Newbie here... posting from Orange County California.
I ran into this same glitch while trying to import a jpg as the background image. When using Windows Photos, the orientation wasn't translating into Xlights.
I imported the photo into Photoshop, rotated it to the correct orientation, and saved it as a PNG. The image correctly orients in Xlights.