IP66 boxes

JPB

Full time elf

multicast

Senior elf
just be aware its ABS plastic, which is not very UV stable. Great for out of sun applications, but not very good for in the sun. If you need something uv stable, get Polycarbonate or PVC.

JPB said:
I have been looking for an enclosure for a power supply and stumbled across these. Price seems ok while on special and free pickup for those close enough.

http://www.fastlec.com.au/p/Enclosures/Electrical-Boxes/ABS-Enclosures-with-Grey-Lid/ABS-Enclosures-w-Grey-Lid-190x280x180mm-IP66/ABG192818

I have bought one and will add a vent etc. It should arrive Thursday, all ready for me to play with on the weekend.

Jon

JPB

Full time elf
Thanks Andrew, it should last the season. But I take your point, it is not the absolute bargain I thought it was.

multicast

Senior elf
JPB said:
Thanks Andrew, it should last the season. But I take your point, it is not the absolute bargain I thought it was.

Polycarbonate is also very strong, but it does have a down point.. It is not very chemical resistant. Don't get oil or fuel on it, lots of things will dissolve it, where as ABS is very chemically resistant. If you were putting boxes inside a factory, you'd never use PC for this reason.