Jig for making multi-drop wiring looms

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Absolute gorgeous looking jig and great video.
Before sunlight does nasty things to you you might want to replace all your cable ties. Clear/white cable ties which it looks like you are using aren't UV stabilised and can break down when exposed to direct sunlight in anything from weeks to months. Most black cable ties are UV stabilised but it always pays to check the packaging. The price difference is usually only a few cents per 100 ties.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
AAH said:
Absolute gorgeous looking jig and great video.
Before sunlight does nasty things to you you might want to replace all your cable ties. Clear/white cable ties which it looks like you are using aren't UV stabilised and can break down when exposed to direct sunlight in anything from weeks to months. Most black cable ties are UV stabilised but it always pays to check the packaging. The price difference is usually only a few cents per 100 ties.
Yup - but it's not my video :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im just curious why you are making so many drops, are these to be used with the bigW or Kmart strings or are these to be used for something else.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Im just curious why you are making so many drops, are these to be used with the bigW or Kmart strings or are these to be used for something else.
Like I said before it's not my video. :) David is right - the video is from Mike's Electrical Stuff in the UK. (I have spent hours watching his videos lately!)

I'm guessing those cable looms may have been used as part of this monster of a LED lightshow for the release of Xbox Halo 4 in the UK... http://cinimodstudio.com/project/halo/ - which in it's own right is dam cool too!
Test lift of many kilowatts of LEDs by helicopter, Nov 4th 2012