Johnston Family Christmas Lights - Hamlyn Terrace - 2015

B_P_J

Full time elf
Hey guys,

Really sorry for the crap video (once processed onto youtube) the colour and focus is horrible, going to try again on the weekend, but hey its something for now (slapped together in 2 minutes, lol), hoping to get a couple more songs over the weekend and fix the stupid strip on the right side of the house.... aarrggghhh,

UPDATE: 31/12/2015
Here are my songs done in order of the show, very happy with the end result (besides the few little things but hey) hope you guys and girls enjoy,

!Watch!!

!Watch!!

!Watch!!

!Watch!!

!Watch!!

!Watch!!

logandc99

Dedicated elf
That was great. Really nice sequencing.
I had the same problem with focussing issues and colours not showing up due to the brightness of the lights when videoing with my iPhone. However, I discovered that if I have the house fully lit, then fix the focus and exposure settings by holding my finger on the screen until AF/AE lock shows up, then you can video away without and changes in focus (happens especially when going from very dark to light spots in the sequence) and the definition of your lights, colours and elements will be much better. Not sure if you are using a phone or camera but I'm sure your camera should have some way of locking the focus and exposure setting for the entire sequence.
Also loved the starburst on the left by the way. A project for me next year me thinks.

B_P_J

Full time elf
Thanks heaps guys, I do plan on adding a few extra videos, once the rain stops, this week hopefully on a quiet night I will do the rest,
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and lots of success with their shows.

mborg10

Michael Borg
very nicely done. I'm always very slack in videoing my display.

Have to say those are some very cool arches at the front. Bent so neatly to haha

B_P_J

Full time elf
yeah took a while to bend them ;) , had to drive all the way to Sydney and pick them up, lol, thanks heaps mate for all your help they do look really good, and I would have been rather upset if they weren't part of the show

Benslights

Dedicated elf
must say it does look a lot better in real life well worth the drive to go see. awesome job Brad for your first year with pixels. also great setup overall. no 240v in the yard at all