Just wondering.

Tuke

New elf
I know some have massive displays with 40 trees, 3 megatrees, 25 arches, etc...and others have relatively small displays but I'm just curious to know about how long, on average does it take everyone to sequence a track.

I used LOR this past year with all AC lights and could do a song in I don't know, probably 7-10 days. Granted, it was my first year and they were pretty hastily thrown together.

Next year I'm going 90% rgb with only my roof and a few other smaller props on AC. I'm currently sequencing "I am Santa Claus" and am going on approximately 10 days now and have only completed a minute and a half. I should probably admit that I'm a bit OCD about my timing as well.

Anyway, is this about what it takes for everyone else or am I just super slow? I figure at this rate, I should have about 5 tracks done in time for next Christmas LOL.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
All depends on how much detail and precision you want. Plus like anything, more practice you have the quicker you get at things.
I usually chip away an hour or so here and there and eventually it all comes together. Some smash out a song in a couple of hours.
If you're concerned you're "taking too long" then you could start now - 10 months to go!

Tuke

New elf
All depends on how much detail and precision you want. Plus like anything, more practice you have the quicker you get at things.
I usually chip away an hour or so here and there and eventually it all comes together. Some smash out a song in a couple of hours.
If you're concerned you're "taking too long" then you could start now - 10 months to go!

That's why I'm starting now LOL!

Being new to not only the software but the entire display process, I figured I'd better not waste any time LOL.

marmalade

cats & pixels
Could do an entire sequence filled with whole house effects in, or endlessly duplicate effects onto multiple props, in under 15 mins.

Or build a few matrixes and play some videos on them.

There are a few vendors that actually have the nerve to sell sequences like these like these.

Or spend some time (weeks/months) like a lot of us crazies here :p

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I have a pretty large pixel display with 62 mini trees, 2 Mega trees, arches, etc, etc. I'm also an ex LOR user that had 300+ channels of AC. 30k+ pixels and Xlights is much quicker than 300 channels of AC and LOR. I purchase a lot of my sequences but the ones I've done myself I would say I've spent 15 hours max for decent results.