Keeping the same images from one song to the next.

I have been trying to get all the images and matrices to save and show up for a new sequence. I put the controllers in the library then use them in the next sequence but all the data is not stored with them, channel config is gone and the images are not in the visualizer. How can I move the channel configurations and the controller images to the next sequence.
Thanks,
Lee

kane

Dedicated elf
Lee_N_the_NorthWest said:
I have been trying to get all the images and matrices to save and show up for a new sequence. I put the controllers in the library then use them in the next sequence but all the data is not stored with them, channel config is gone and the images are not in the visualizer. How can I move the channel configurations and the controller images to the next sequence.
Saving to the library should work - are you sure you saved them to the library after you'd set them up properly (with images etc). The information is only saved at the point you add them to the library.

That being said, most of us find that the easiest way to re-use controllers is to use the "Load controllers from sequence" in the new sequence wizard - this allows you to choose the other sequence, and all layers and controllers are pulled in..

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
When you create a new sequence you go through the wizard setup steps. at the top of the page that allows you to set the deafualt timing you have the ability to load defualt controllers. Point this to your last your previous sequence and then it will load up all the controllers, drawingas and layers from that sequence ready to start sequencing.

Now the next thing. I built the tree image as a matrix 150 rows x 12 col. it says it built the matrix,
"matrix map 7:25 PM 12 x 150" It did not generate the image and when I go into the matrix animation tool and choose the "matrix map 7:25 PM 12 x 150" it says it is not configured. Do I have to start all over and clear the images from the controllers and rebuild the matrix?
Lee

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
It may have very well created the image, I find sometimes if doing a new sequence that if nothing has been drawn in the grid for the lights to turn on then the drawing doesnt appear. A quick on effect normally will then show this.

If this is still an issue then the quickest way is to clear the drawings for the tree and redraw. This should only take a couple of minutes to do.