Knew I was in the right place

MarcusH

New elf
Hi all,
I’ve been lurking a while and getting to know the tech and terms.
Last year I started some purchases but then we went away.
So I thought I’d get started in about April with some purchases and doing some wiring then started looking at the software and networking (my comfort zone).
I was wondering “am I too early?”
This week I noticed some things for sale and other things going on in these forums and it struck me - it’s like the Captain and Jake (Brooklyn 99) with their Halloween competition - I’m late because some of you are already planing for 2025.
Cheers peeps.

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
“am I too early?”

Not really. This stuff does consume more time than most of us would care to admit ;-)
The only caution is that you don't put so much into it that you forget other things in your life and by December you become burnt out so to speak.

Building everything and config takes time, putting it all together outside (particuarly) the 1st time can take longer than you may expect. Add in troubleshooting and then once it's setup, you will want to continuously tweak things and make changes on your sequences as once you see stuff live, you wil see where things can be improved.

Most importantly, it's just Christmas lights and hobby so don't forget to have fun.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Welcome! We're a great bunch and answer loads of questions. Drop into chat where generally someone is around almost 24/7. It might take a little time for someone to notice but you will get an answer.

I'm already planning for next year, which is mainly everything that I don't get setup for this year. :D

MarcusH

New elf