Large shipment of WS2811 pixels from Ray Wu

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Hey all,

So I just received my first big shipment of the year from Ray. I had placed a smaller order earlier this year to evaluate some pixel and string types, then settled on what I wanted and placed this new order. Took a month to fulfill because of the custom nature of what I ordered. I am happy to report that I tested 72 strings of lights tonight (totaling 3600 pixels) and didn't have a single issue with the lights. They are WS2811 5V white string pixels. The other I'm really happy about is pigtails I had him solder and seal on the ends of the strings. I think the up-charge was $1.50 per string, which is well worth it since it was taking me 15-20 minutes per string to put the two connectors on myself... Time to start wrapping the dozen trees (six strings per tree) that I originally described in this thread...

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,4120.msg35907.html#msg35907

The reason for off-the-wall pixel number is that the strings are not all 50 or 100 increments... I did so to minimize the branch-to-branch level jumping in those trees (spacing between branch rows is > 15cm on the bottom branches and I wanted to keep the pixel-to-pixel spacing at 10cm). Some of the strings are 30, some are 36, etc.

Consider me another happy Ray Wu large order customer!

kane

Dedicated elf
Always exciting receiving a big order.

I definitely like the idea of getting pigtails added - saves you a lot of time, and I've done that a lot in the past too. (call me lazy, but I just pick my challenges!)

It's about that time of year that a lot of people seem to get bigger orders coming in - I reckon Ray would be pretty busy at the moment.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Will you lot stop ordering. I'm waiting on him :p

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Just received my substantially smaller order from Ray of 16 lots of 5m strip light and got Ray to add the pigtails.... well worth it I think for the relatively small increase in cost :)

richardd

Full time elf
I have to echo the other users, while I'm still waiting for my order (about 40 sets), I had the pigtails too given the cost of the connectors and time it just made since to me to do it that way.

ScottyJ

New elf
Well we all missed your show last year, I just got into the sequencing game last year and picked up the slack for ya!! LOL