Layering

bdt

Apprentice elf
Does anyone know of a tutorial or thread that explains layering? I watched a video that Sean made a couple years ago and I read the manual. I think I understand how to use it once I have the effects in my sequencer but I don’t understand how to assign the multiple effects. Everything I’ve tried erases the other effect. thx

Gilrock

Full time elf
Most of the videos are going to be too old to be helpful since they probably weren't made with all the new version 4 features. I lot of layering depends on which effects your are putting down. Are they the type of effects that have gaps to allow other effects to show through etc. I created the Morph, Fan, Galaxy, and Shockwave effects and they all work well displaying multiple effects on several layers. Use the "Normal" blend mode to activate the alpha blending. If you are using effects that fill the whole screen then you won't see anything by blending other effects unless you use some of the special blending modes that do masking. There is a new user manual out which might have information but I've not had time to look through it.

bdt

Apprentice elf
Thanks Gilrock, the videos for version 3 confused me. I reread the user manual and realized I missed the sentence “To add layers to a model right click the model in the sequencer tab and choose Add Layer above or below (the current layer).” I knew it had to be something simple. This software is amazing!