Light colours different to those selected

burto51

Full time elf
Well, first of all a big thanks to BenH (?) and david for getting me on the track with the falcon, think I have that one beat. Connected lights and computer to falcon turned on all good no smoke Hooray.
Problem I have now is
3 spiral trees with 228 pixels each, daisy chained together, power injected at tree 1-2 and 2-3 and at end tree 3, have null pixel at tree1 , controller is only 2 metres away but trying this in attempt to solve problem. Two controllers have their negatives connected. See have been listening/reading.
With strobe effect selected, colours White and black selected the trees show the following colours Pink Green and White !!!. Have of course selected update in colour and effect windows and have rendered many times.
With strobe effect selected in other timing section, colours selected are white, green and black, but tree 1& 2 colouring is blue, white and pink while tree 3 shows red, white and blue.
Am using strobe effect to get a type of on and off effect.
Am using new ws2811 strip on all trees.
Is there a problem or am I using an effect not suitable for spiral trees
Thanks
Burto51

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
It may be that the RGB order on the strings is set incorrectly. Change the order see if that helps on the Falcon controller Strings tab on the web interface.

burto51

Full time elf
Thanks for the response, last night when did upload to falcon, remember changing the brightness to 60% and seeing the pixels as all being RGB., as I checked out the different screens.. Did have a thought over coffee, even though have power injected at beginning and end of each tree, should I have injected in middle at pixel 114, as well given that each tree has 228 pixels (hope not)
Burto51

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
You can change the light order in the Falcon or you can also do it in xlights.

What I do is in xlights select one tree at a time then drop an “on” effect to it and output the lights to the props, then select the red colour and see what colour the tree is, then do the same with green then blue. This will give you your RGB order, if you select red and it’s green, green and it’s blue then blue and it’s red then your order will have to be changed to GBR instead of RGB. This can be done in your layout tab.

If each tree is different then change this setting in xlights rather than the falcon.

burto51

Full time elf
Hello Nuzzy, have checked out correctly I hope the order of the Pixels, found tree 1 to have a GBR pixels, while Trees 2 and 3 have RGB pixels, made corrections in layout page, tree 4 had BRG pixels while trees 5 & 6 had RGB changed in layout page.
Will using GBR and RGB pixels in trees daisy chained together have a negative effect when you load up to the falcon.
Thanks for the help
Burto51

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
It won’t have any affect on the falcon, in each pixel there is 3 lights, one each of red, green and blue. Usually they are in that order which is where the RGB comes from so when you want the red on it will turn the first light on of the 3. When you get different suppliers etc they can put these lights in different order which is why in xlights you have the option to change them around from RGB to BRG to RBG etc etc.

All you are doing is telling xlights to turn light number 2 on to get red instead of light number 1.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Also bare in mind that if you have set the universe count to 512 (a standard DMX universe) and are running more than 1 universe of leds. So more than 170 pixels, then you have tipped over to a second universe and there is only actually 510 channels that should be selected, meaning, you are 2 colours out.

burto51

Full time elf
Thanks for that, yes have set channels to 512, will now reset all universes to 510 as suggested. I am slowly coming to terms with this, thanks to the help from everyone, be a nightmare without it.
Burto51