light show pro demo version

I

indudio

Hi,

I think its good the demo version of light show pro know does not have a time limit.

Just some questions I have:

1. Am I able to sequence in the demo version and see the output in visualiser? Am I restricted to any amount of channels?

2. The main reason I am interested in light show pro is the ability to play video files for projection. I am keen to use this function to add an I animation to my display. Does this feature work in the demo? I want to ensure there isn,'t any issues with time lag etc.

Thanks

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
This may be better answered by someone else, but from knowledge, the restrictions in place is an output time interval,

Basically meaning, you will not be able to continuously output thus making it impossible to run a display / show using the demo version. You will still be able to see light output to controllers and lights. (Changed in a recent version)

There may still be a channel output limit applied to it also. (changed in a recent version)

I believe all other abilities of LSP will function however.

arw01

Full time elf
in 2.5 I was able to export and run a full song out to lights from the sequencer.

When I went to 2.8 it's supposed to stop export from working and only allow 30 seconds to output to the lights at a time (whatever 30 seconds you select with the drag select)

However, I NEVER was able to get the lights to output with 2.8 demo, Mike, on the boards said it should, but it would not and no one fixed it, and no one worked at it even the slightest but Mike.

I bought my key and miraculously it worked for light output completely.

But I never had any restriction in making a sequence and seeing it on the visualizer.

Alan

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
From a discussion thread on LSP forum..

Demo Limitations

Unlimited time period
No Export capabilities to any software or hardware.
No output, users will be able to see all the features of the scheduler and the Sequencer they will just not output any effects.

I am seeking some additional clarification, but hopefully that helps you.

neilp

New elf
I have watched the basic sequence tutorial a number of times (I think this is 2.5) and tried to emulate the process in LSP Demo. Its just not working correctly.

I have downloaded the 2.8 demo version of LSP sequencer and it allows me to import TSO-Wizards In Winter.MP3 ok.
It draws the audio power waveform OK but only puts in even time marks unrelated to the beat.
However it does NOT show any beat related trigger marks even though I told it to detect the beat.

When I drag an OpenDMX controller on and manually insert the trigger point marks against the energy waveform I find they initially start lined up but don't remain lined up as I add later or earlier marks and I continually have to keep manually readjusting the timing of the trigger points.
Is this really what LSP is like to use?

Do I have to load some plugin to get it to mark a basic beat?
I cannot find a tool to reprocess the audio to look for beats/triggers, the only way to get asked the trigger detect question again seems to be to dump the sequence and import another one.

At present I am trying to simulate 3-4 flashing lights at present and it can't even do it in time for 10 seconds.
Do I really need a quad core i7 with 8-16 GB of RAM to do 4 channels?
I am doing this on my fastest machine at present with is core 2 duo with 4 GB with Win 7.
I would have thought that what I am trying to do is the very most basic stuff?

If I place a toggle effect in a channel then later decide to change it or remove it, it does not change.

Is the Demo crippled in some way other than what has been mentioned above in this thread?
I am trying to assess the effort required to use LSP and if investing in hardware/software is worthwhile.
At this point I am very disappointed.

Is LSP 2.5 better for what I am trying to do or should I persist with Vixen?

Thanks
Neil - Fraser ACT

neilp

New elf
Thanks - I will check those out.

I think I just solved the first issue that was mucking up the audio timing.
The MP3's I was using were 320 kbps Variable bit rate encoded with 32 bit floating.
I put them thru audacity and made them 128 kbps Constant bit rate encoded with 16 bit PCM. and the timing got a lot better.

I also discovered from another tutorial how to right click the audio waveform and encode/remove timing marks with sensitivity control.

Both vital bits I was missing.

Still lots to digest, but some progress made now.

I have been watching processor usage while doing stuff.
I note during playback (simulation) one processor is fully occupied while the other is idling.

Cheers
Neil

arw01

Full time elf
The sequencer is single threaded. It won't use the other processor. Don't know about the scheduler, but that's really minor usage except when you first add the songs and it converts them.

Alan