Lights stay on evenwhen no data is beign sent?

Greg

New elf
I was testing my P12s for my show and after the test the lights did not go off. I stopped the player (LOR) and even unplugged the cat5 for the E1.31 and the lights stayed on?

I then unplugged the power to the board, the lights went off but as soon as I plugged the power back in (right away) the lights went on again? I couldn't look at much since it was so dark,

Thoughts?

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
Im having the same issue here. Testing goes well until all white. Lights stay on until I unplug the lights from the board. Ill close all data points but they stay on. Hope we get help Greg.

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
Problem fixed. Found the speed was too high (thanks smartalec) ramped the speed down to 2400.

Skunberg

Full time elf
Another thing to try is make sure the lights are commanded off for a few seconds at the end of the sequence. Some pixel lights stay in their last commanded state. And if a packet gets lost.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
yes the speed is normally the issue that I have found when sorting others boards out.

just because the speed is right on one output does not mean that same speed will work on the next output as the wire could be longer to the first pixel.

good to see people are finding these issues and getting them sorted in October and not Mid November