Lights stores 2014

richardd

Full time elf
Lights out now no way! Is this was the case it would be is a violation of the Christmas Act of 2012, Section 12A prohibiting the displaying and selling of Christmas merchandise before October 31st :D

I have to agree Christmas merchandise seen to be on display earlier and earlier each year!

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
I agree. Way too early. They have had Christmas lights for sale in Bunnings Townsville for 2 weeks now.

charlieboy

New elf
huh. I thought I was on a xmas lighting forum... If i had it my way they would be stocked year round. And as a manager of a retail store as I tell my customers - if they didnt sell now they wouldnt be out now. Case in point is Hot Cross Buns in january/ easter eggs, these sell in amazing qty in JAN!!!

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Was in spotlight yesterday with the better half. Christmas lights on the shelf. First time i have seen lights in spotlight. LEDs, rope light and inflatables.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Sorry didn't have any device with me.. From memory nothing really took my attention though.

richardd

Full time elf
I wonder what my spot light might have, might have to pay them a visit - Just to gather evidence :D

Irvine Street, Port Noarlunga, South Australia
Hey everyone,

Here on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia there are a few stores with their christmas lights and outdoor decorations in stock. Cheap as Chips have their Inflatables out at the moment in Whyalla and a whole pile of cool solars but they should have some ropelights and 240v Lights in soon. Target has its full range of lights in with sets ranging from about $19 up to about the $70 mark. I'm heading up to Port Lincoln today and I'll be going to Kmart and a few other stores and I will post what I see here later on. I should be heading up to Port Augusta's Big W and Port Pirie's Kmart and I will let you know what i find there.