Long time no see

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
Hey there

I'm not exactly new but it kinda feels like it as I've been MIA for the past few years. There are a lot more members here now! It's also great to see a lot more pins on the map in the west side of Melbourne.

Surprisingly it's been 10 years since I first joined ACL.

We didn't run our show (or even put up any lights at all) for 2020 or 2021, mainly due to covid and having no funds from the lack of work for a substantial amount of time over the last 2 years. It also didn't help that I fractured my foot at work in November... And prior to that, I didn't take any videos for the previous couple of seasons (or spend any time here) as I just kept putting up the same lights, running the same show and everything was held together with hope and electrical tape and I lost count of how many channels didn't work.

However, the kids are now 12, 9, & 5 and at the age they want the Christmas light show back. Oh, and Youtube videos, as they love watching my old videos.

So with that, I'm back again. Building an entire new show, finally replacing the old props with pixels and moving to xLights.

Hamish
Christmas on Clarafield
(formerly known as Pipersmall)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome back Hamish!
There's a bit to catchup on but plenty of time for that, right?! :)